Friday, June 09, 2006

City of Freeways

I realized that I didn't get to walk much while I was in LA; I shuttled guests to and from the airport 30 miles away for three days, despite the fact that I really, really freak about about driving on interstates. Sitting in cars and escaping the heat by running into malls, there wasn't much walking done. But luckily, since Seattle's weather is now a warm 65 degrees, I can start walking home from work again. In some way that's kind of like going to the gym...

So the phrase I got to say the most in California, in response to a question asked repeatedly, was "No, no tengo novio." And then after five days of Spanish immersion with my sister's new family, I got to switch over to the Tagalog immersion program for two days with my mom's relatives. Pretty neat.

But re-education step #1: Get used to saying "brother-in-law."

1 comment:

Torgo said...

I think "brother-in-law" is a silly term. Except for bil's you don't particularly like. I have two bil's I like more than my own brother. I wonder if you can make trades...