Firsts or new things from 2009 or the Year of the Ox, for better or worse:
- A graduate degree! Finished graduate school. Got the M.S. in Law, Policy, and Society. Got the diploma.
- A niece and nephew born in the same calendar year! Different sisters, of course. Diego arrived in March, and Repeka was born in June.
- Turned 30! Loving it.
- Woke up at 4am on Black Friday to go shopping. Mi Hermana and I figured, why the hell not? Michigan needs all the economic stimulating it can get.
- Called 911 for myself instead of someone else! Survived the Spring Break trip to the ER, after having a very public anxiety attack. Am indebted to the Seattle Fire Dept for a quick response time --granted, the station was only about 4 blocks away from the Farmer's Market, where I was, but still. (Also, how was I supposed to know I was hyperventilating and not having a stroke? Now I know.)
- Used a hookah. That was actually my first smoke of anything, ever, too.
Here's to 2010 and a new decade: its ups and downs, learning experiences, and opportunities for lifelong growth!