Sunday, February 14, 2010

Eye of the Tiger

Normally I do this every New Year, but this year has been a little too busy to afford consecutive moments of reflection. Until now, which is coincidentally Chinese New Year. So I'm late but can still save some face by tacking on a "tradition" to the lunar calendar instead.

Firsts or new things from 2009 or the Year of the Ox, for better or worse:
  • A graduate degree! Finished graduate school. Got the M.S. in Law, Policy, and Society. Got the diploma.

  • A niece and nephew born in the same calendar year! Different sisters, of course. Diego arrived in March, and Repeka was born in June.

  • Turned 30! Loving it.

  • Woke up at 4am on Black Friday to go shopping. Mi Hermana and I figured, why the hell not? Michigan needs all the economic stimulating it can get.

  • Called 911 for myself instead of someone else! Survived the Spring Break trip to the ER, after having a very public anxiety attack. Am indebted to the Seattle Fire Dept for a quick response time --granted, the station was only about 4 blocks away from the Farmer's Market, where I was, but still. (Also, how was I supposed to know I was hyperventilating and not having a stroke? Now I know.)

  • Used a hookah. That was actually my first smoke of anything, ever, too.
This new Year of the Tiger, which started today, seems pretty damn fierce and awesome so far!

Here's to 2010 and a new decade: its ups and downs, learning experiences, and opportunities for lifelong growth!

No comments: