Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh they say when you're freezing in June...

So not cool, especially since I left my heavy sweaters in Boston:
Coldest June in more than a century (Seattle P-I)
In other news, at work I've been compiling statistics from the 2004 election in swing precincts across the state, and the projection for local races mirrors the abysmal weather. It's going to be a hard fight for Democrats. I've mentioned to both Ms. Tungsten and A-Squared that Dino Rossi as Washington's next Governor scares me waaaay the hell more than John McCain as the next U.S. President. (Don't get me wrong, I would NOT be happy with McCain... but state-level efforts would grind to a halt in Olympia for four years because the state legislature doesn't have the votes to override a veto.)

Must ... guzzle ... coffee ...

No comments: