Saturday, July 15, 2006

And name him George

I think the fascination with mythical creatures is.... fascinating. It's partly folklore obsession with the uknown, partly a subconscious insistence on separating humans from nature, partly an acknowledgement that despite massive development and technological advances and exploitation of natural resources, maybe we can't control everything.

Whether it's Nessie, Sasquatch, the yeti, or the ninki-nanka... there might be something out there...

And now, the webcam might catch it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you the story about scaring the hell out of the "Girls' Group" I had in the Gambia by yelling "Ninkinanko" at them as they left my house one night. I had intended it as a joke... and by the next day it was the funniest thing that had happened in recent village history, but at the time I regretted my decision because it resulted in 10 very frightened teenage girls piling back into my house at 11:30 at night and refusing to leave...

Rainster said...

I totally thought about you when I read that article!