Friday, February 01, 2008

Pingüino Vu

I tried to watch March of the Penguins, but I kept falling asleep. It could have been Morgan Freeman's role as narrator. He has a very soothing voice. It could also have been the NyQuil. Or the reading on variable cost formulas in front of me.

To be honest, it's not a movie I would have chosen to see on my own. I was made to watch way too many nature shows as a kid. I only put it in my Netflix queue because of the huge media blowout about how different audiences interpreted it. Friends who saw the film had mixed feelings about it -- some said it was so sad, watching the harsh life of the penguins. Others thought it was good.

But somehow, it all seemed very, very familiar. It's possible that I watched it on a flight, or even on TV. Or on my own? Or with a friend? And forgot about it? (Aaaaaahhhh! That does not bode well for the much-needed mad memory skillz for the comps next year...) The film also reminded me of Happy Feet, which also bored me and kept making me doze off, and which probably also tried to ride on the coattails of the documentary's success.

Maybe it's penguins. Maybe penguins are inherently soporific.

No comments: