Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I heard he had a style

So because Dave Chappelle's Block Party was not a good first introduction to Dave Chappelle the comedian, I queued Killin' Them Softly in Netflix, and was satisfied.

Of course, I was playing Boggle online while listening to the standup routine, so I wasn't too vested in watching. But at any rate, I chuckled at a lot of the bits. Like many comedy shows, there were political jokes and there were sex jokes, and since the show was filmed circa 2000, there were the Bill and Monica jokes that combined both. (Talk about a run down memory lane!) A lot of Chappelle's routine also focused on racial profiling, which has obviously also changed considerably post-9/11.

All in all, a decent and generally funny performance. I wasn't blown away, but I wasn't repulsed either. Might reorder the queue to get something a little more recent, though.

No comments: