Sunday, October 02, 2005

Nervous laughter...

Many thanks to the FG for mentioning that Friendster now allows people to see who's been viewing their profiles, rather than letting viewers remain anonymous.

Had several minutes of panic when the change was mentioned oh-so-casually. But thankfully, it's a new month, and nobody whose profile I viewed in August or September will ever know! This runs the gamut from old classmates/History Dept rivals to friends-of-friends-of-friends I always run into at fundraisers.

Cue nervous laughter...

5 comments:

UW Nutrition said...

Are you serious??? Wow, thanks for the warning!!!

Anonymous said...

You can disable that feature by going to the "My Settings" section of Friendster. There's an option for "View profiles anonymously" - set that to "Yes". Then it won't show other people that you've been looking at their profiles (aka stalking them).

Rainster said...

To quote Kate:

"OH THANK YOU LORD!

I was actually really sad about giving up my Friendster stalking!"

WHEW!

Micaela said...

MOTHER, I just looked at my ex boyfriend's. bah. I should read blogs and friendster in order.
*looking for the anonymous preference*

fabulous girl said...

This reminds me of that phrase I hear vis a vis the Patriot Act, "I'm not doing anything wrong, so what do I have to worry about?" tee hee.