Saturday, May 13, 2006

Green Thumbs Up

Am determined not to kill my remaining two plants. One of my landlords is a serious gardener. (So it must have been painful for him to see my two dead Asiastic lilies in the hallway window for the month that I forgot them. I gave them a good burial today at Chez Garbage, though, so the dried little leaves won't peek out at the neighbors anymore.) Anyway, he swears that green tea works wonders for plants, along with lots of conversation.

But I don't think "Whoa, dude, you're still alive" is the kind of plant-pillow talk they need. . . .

2 comments:

Xtina said...

my first year roommate took my spider plant from me. she was like "can i, um, just take this?" and then she revived it and made all these little baby spider plants. she's a farmer now.

Torgo said...

We put old tea leaves in the dirt with one of our plants, Lazarus, and that one came back to life (hence the name). I think there's truth to that, though I'm no farmer.