Sunday, November 12, 2006

Little turquoise dress

After Stranger Than Fiction, I went shopping with a friend, who now has her entire winter wardrobe. The problem when I go shopping with others is that I don't buy anything, but I get all these ideas. Then in the next day or two I run out and overdo it. So yesterday I went back to Anthropologie and bought the most expensive dress I have ever bought (not counting the formal dress for Torgo's wedding and the bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding -- participation in weddings doesn't count. Plus my mom paid for those. . . .) Anyways, wore it to the Emerald City Swank, the Seattle Works annual fundraiser last night. Must also wear it to the annual dinner for work next weekend, and every other possible outing this winter.

I realized that, though it's been about five years since I've salsa'd and a few months since I've done swing dancing, I can fake both pretty well!

It was also incredibly ironic that this year, I cut back on the number of silent auctions items I bid on, and yet won tickets to an improv show. For the past four years I've been attending the Swank, I'd rush around bidding on a ton of items, then panicking that I'd have to pay for them all, then getting outbid on everything. It was kind of like crack. Very addictive. Very bad. Messed me up in the head. I'm over all that now.

No comments: