Friday, January 26, 2007

Aunt-to-be

My sister and bro-in-law are expecting a baby in September. This is the responsible sister, though, so it's all good.

This would, however, be the ideal time for the grad school acceptance letters from the Boston schools to come in, so I can escape all the comments I know are coming my way from the rest of the family.

Of course, it also means said sister will no longer be smuggling a whisky- or vodka-filled flask into the other sister's wedding with me. (Or she can, I'll just have to drink from it for her....)

And now I get to brainstorm English names that can be easily translatable into Spanish. It's kind of fun!

I get to be the Cool Aunt.

6 comments:

Teman said...

*sniff* At this rate, everyone I know will have left Seattle by the time I move back.

Rainster said...

Am applying to UW, too! Only 3 schools. No telling where I'll get in. ...

Torgo said...

What kind of programs are you applying to? (Not to dismiss the whole baby announcement, that's great news, too.)

Rainster said...

Interdisciplinary policy programs -- 2 in Boston, 1 in Seattle.

Future neice/nephew is due right when I'd start, wherever that is...

Rainster said...

IE. I can spell it, it was just a typo...

Xtina said...

i didn't know you were applying in boston! that'd be awesome! we could have a visit for longer than 20 minutes!