Friday, January 12, 2007

Nerd alert! Nerd alert!

Thanks to Expat the enabler, I have now joined a Fantasy Congress league. This is so exciting.

I never really got the point of fantasy baseball or football or basketball leagues. I mean, I understood how they worked, and have friends who play. But this is just cooler! Instead of scoring points based on plays during an actual professional sports game, you score points based on legislation. Introduction of a bill gets a certain number of points, and so does getting a bill read in committee, getting a floor vote, etc. (It's a little unclear whether or not co-sponsorship counts for anything. It should.)

Making list. Can't draft yet, because it's apparently waiting for another version to come out, but still. I can prepare a draft list.

1 comment:

Xtina said...

nerd alert, indeed.