Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sam I Am

Mr. Coffee came out of banishment today, after three months.

I mentioned this while talking to my sister and discussing the pictures from her ultrasound (newest name consideration, based on otherworldly resemblance, is Roswell). Then she mentioned a girl in her grad program, who apparently at one point didn't have a stove. The girl used the water percolater and the heating pad on her coffeemaker to make all her meals: ramen, fried eggs, etc.

First reaction: Wow, why not just buy a cheap skillet?
Second reaction: Actually, that's pretty innovative.
Third reaction: Ooooh... Mr. Coffee's still all hot and bothered from this morning's re-emergence...

So I tried it.

Not scrambled eggs or anything (mainly because my fridge is pretty empty right now). I re-heated my toast in order to melt the butter. It took a little longer than the effort was worth. But eventually the toast warmed up and the butter pats transformed into little yellow puddles.

And now, off to yoga and the pretense of sanity. But the gym is right above a grocery store, where I could always buy a half-carton carton of eggs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of an Andy Griffith show where we see Don Knotts' apt, and he only has a hot plate. That must be real -- I don't think my imagination would make up something that pointless.

A cheap skillet solves most cooking needs.

Oh, and I think all ultrasounds make babies look like aliens. As still pictures, there's pretty weird. They're fun to watch on video while they're making it, though.

Rainster said...

Follow-up note: frying the egg on the coffeemaker works.

My curiosity got the better of me.

The alien baby made me do it.