Friday, December 09, 2005

Back to Bedlam

Because I heard James Blunt's hauntingly beautiful song once, I borrowed the entire album to rip. And DAMN it's excellent! I might have to buy it. The whole album is essentially an anthem to jaded, disaffected human relations, but that's fine. It'd go nicely with my Keane album, which is all exploratory and innocent.

"You're Beautiful" is still my favorite, but "Cry" and "Goodbye My Lover" are now up there too. Seriously, "Cry" is so good I have to post the lyrics, sans le fromage, although I fully expect to hear it on an OC or Seventh Heaven episode soon:

I have seen peace. I have seen pain,
Resting on the shoulders of your name.
Do you see the truth through all their lies?
Do you see the world through troubled eyes? . . .

I have seen birth. I have seen death.
Lived to see a lover's final breath.
Do you see my guilt? Should I feel fright?
Is the fire of hesitation burning bright? . . .

You and I have lived through many things.
I'll hold on to your heart.
I wouldn't cry for anything,
But don't go tearing your life apart. . . .

I have seen fear. I have seen faith.
Seen the look of anger on your face.
And if you want to talk about what will be,
Come and sit with me, and cry on my shoulder,
I'm a friend.

No comments: