Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Free Food Trumps Free Film

Actually, free food trumps everything. Even a free ticket to the advance screening of a documentary on film ratings.

Somehow got suckered into being the alumna in charge of the sign-in sheet, nametags, school banner, and door prize for tonight's 3-college gathering. I thought about just dumping the materials on a table at the venue, then denying all knowledge while grubbing. But then if it means standing on a table and shouting the winner of the raffle, that would be cool. Or at least the standing on a table part. I'm sure there'll be music playing. I can get my groove on.

The door prize is just a coffee mug. But hey, the mascot's been all modernized.

6 comments:

Micaela said...

dude - there were so many empty seats at the screening! oh well. that's what the movie gets for not being rated! no marketing for you, movie!

Rainster said...

Oh that sucks. It was like that when I saw "Good Luck and Good Night" for free at a screening, too.

But tonight I discovered that Rosebud has awesome drinks...

Torgo said...

That mascot is the toughest looking white mule I've ever seen. It looks strangely like the Denver Bronco's logo. Except that's a bronco and Colby's is a white mule, not even a regular mule, but a white mule.

I hope there wasn't a melee over the coffee mug.

Rainster said...

Bowdoin had the cooler mug. Bowdown and Bates had actual banners; our alumni office sent me a still-packaged small pennant from the bookstore.

Strangely enough, it was mainly older alum -- '95 to '98. There was one '00, one '01 (hellooooo!), one '05, and a couple of '06s.

I'm pretty sure I single-handedly ate most of the food.

Xtina said...

i had to sit at a table for an event and i stole every pink laffy taffy on the bunch. i couldn't eat them all so i took them home. and the ones from the tables next to me. i say it's your right as a table-sitter.

and yeah, that's not a white mule. that's some kind of sleek horse figure. stupid colby.

Rainster said...

I liked the stuffed animal mule, the ones that were always slightly cross-eyed. Also the moose, which I got for my sister one year. It was also slightly cross-eyed.

Why are all the stuffies slightly cross-eyed????