Friday, February 16, 2007

Girl Anachronism

When left to my own devices, I listen to music that is either political/protest folk, sad old ballads, techno, cheesy boy bandish, or Latin pop. Anything beyond these categories, people have to introduce me to.

As it is with the Dresden Dolls. They totally rock. A while ago, someone introduced me to a few songs from their second album, which were great. From that album, there are basically three songs that I really love: "Girl Anachronism," "Coin Operated Boy," and "The Jeep Song."

A friend recently gave me the third album. And the whole thing is amazing, from "My Alcoholic Friends" to "Mandy Goes to Med School" to "Sex Changes" to "Sing." There's more piano action and a more amazing display of vocal exercises on this latest album. It also references my favorite Christmas story, so naturally that's another big plus.

"Sing" is probably my favorite right now. Mainly because I'm itching for karaoke this weekend.

No comments: