Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Measuring my life in coffee spoons

Back on the bean. It lasted three months, the longest I've ever gone without coffee. There was no real reason I quit, and no real reason I started up again. It was just a whim. I got off the bus and went into a branch of a local cafe that I haven't been to in about six months.

And one of the baristas was an old friend from middle school, recently returned to Seattle. We'd lost touch after we both studied abroad in college.

So relapsing and getting back on the bandwagon brought me back into contact with an old friend. See, good stuff can come from a bad habit.

Nothing but the good crack from now on...

Actually, it's been a great week for reconnecting. This weekend, my old college roommate called and we had a nice long catch-up chat.

I like reconnecting with cool people! Warm fuzzies.

2 comments:

Xtina said...

i'm totally ok with this decision. =)

Rainster said...

I had frequent customer cards at about 3 different small cafes. Today I went to one of them, and the first thing the barista asked was "Where have you been?"