Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Heard this song on the radio a couple of months ago, and it made me a Fountains of Wayne fan. (Before that, I'd really only heard "Stacy's Mom," which is okay too, but didn't grab me.)

It only comes to mind now because, since I slept all day, I now can't fall asleep when I should, and am putting together a holiday playlist. "Valley Winter Song" has such a pretty melody! It's not a holiday song, but I'm putting it on cuz I like it so much.

2 comments:

Torgo said...

I saw Fountains of Wayne in Boston a few years ago. I'm not sure why. Robbie Fulks has a funny songs called "Fountains of Wayne Hotline" that parodies their songwriting and sound. Also, Al Gore's apparently a fan. They said he was at their show in Tennessee (w/Tipper) and they made a point of using lots of profanity (for Tipper, not Al -- Al swears like a sailor. Wait, wasn't he sailor? No, a journalist. He was in Vietnam). Ironically, I was at an Al Gore speech in 2000, and Fountains of Wayne was there. No, that's not true at all. Everything else in here is, though.

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.