Saturday, May 12, 2007

So much for free time!

It is not going well.

Luckily the realtors I've encountered so far aren't pushy. I just have a really, really hard time believing them when they say the really, really crappy places they're showing me will "go fast." Who? How? Why?

However, I now know another good new brunch place, thanks to Xtina.

Thursday Next might have to wait until ... Wednesday this. Rainster Now is kind of freaking out, planning on skipping dinner while in grad school, and has frantically raised her rent ceiling considerably at the last minute.

There will be no shopping this trip. Except DSW and H&M, but that hardly counts...

2 comments:

Torgo said...

I had to quickly raise our rent ceiling when I came to SF and had just over 24 hrs to find an apartment in a city I'd never visited before.

It worked out just fine, though. Good luck in Boston. Remember, once you've done Fenway a few times, you can sit at home, hear the games for free on WEEI, and just visualize the cramped seats and noisy drunks, and you can drink your own beer for far less money.

Rainster said...

Geez. 24 hours to find a place in a new city? Actually, I know someone who did that when he moved to Seattle too. He ended up near a loud nightclub, in a slightly seedy part of town. Which you obviously did not in SF....

Xtina schooled me on the hoods in Boston.