Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So if there's something you'd like to try ...

Xtina and I went to trivia yesterday, at a place by my still near-empty apartment. Nobody else we invited made it (um, long story), so it was just us Monkees against all the regulars. But the main thing was, in each round, you attached your own point value to your answers (1,3,5, or 7, or 2, 4, 6, or 8). You could only use each value once per round. This was a new twist, and I am not a fan. The problem was, we doubted ourselves too much, so we (okay, I) attached lower point values to answers we got right, leaving us with higher values for answers we got wrong and therefore didn't score.

Still, though, we didn't finish last. Although I think we were either second or third from the bottom!

I think I'm a purist when it comes to trivia -- one right answer, one point. Sometimes double points. Easy, straightforward. You either know the answer or you don't. None of this pseduo-strategy crap.

On to the next venue, next week. One that isn't run by the company that ran the one we went to yesterday.

(Torgo -- a warning, when you're here for the one day or however long it is you're here, we might drag you out to trivia... hopefully a better one.)

1 comment:

Xtina said...

we were definitely third from the bottom.