Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Netflix

I succumbed! The first of my movies came in the mail today. I blame the new 20" TV one of my oldest friends gave me for Christmas/Hannukah/New Year/housewarming. In the not-quite-a-week I've had it, I've seen:

Down with Love -- I forget what cable station played this, but I caught it right after the tail end of Shakespeare in Love, which I love and hadn't seen in a while. It drips cheese, but I'm a sucker for retro-60s films and Ewen McGregor. The film had a ridiculously complex plot twist at the very very end that reinforces what a friend once said over a 1:00am breakfast at Beth's: "Men are dumb, and women are evil." But the movie, though somewhat anti-feminist at its core, is good fun all around.

Project Runway -- such crap, but I got sucked into all the drama, as well as the creativity of the designers. In the episode I watched, they had to use the clothes on their back to make a completely different outfit. It was kind of captivating to see what they designed.

Bliss -- OH DAMN! That is all I have to say! Seriously, what else is there to watch at 2:00am? And it's good! They, uh, also have clips on their website. Some of those clips are a lot better than others. Or... so I hear...

This is more TV than I've watched in a while. And it's only been 5 days! I'm doomed --doomed!

And Colin Firth is the guest today on The Tonight Show.

4 comments:

Teman said...

I'm not sure that's the best quote to be remembered for. I'll have to think of something a bit less misanthropic, although perhaps I've just been in a better mood lately.

Rainster said...

Um... although my mood lately has been exactly that quote!

Michelle-Nicholle said...

Netflix? I was thinking about it but with the boy and work I wasn't sure I would get the bang for the buck. How has it worked out for you?
Check out the blog Needed Knitting

Rainster said...

So far I haven't watched my movies yet. But there are no late fees, and it's easy to return them. The service is really fast! I signed up on a Sunday, I think, and by Wednesday the DVDs were in my mailbox.

Added you to my sidebar, btw! =)