Monday, January 30, 2006

Talofa ma le manuia!

My HS mascot was the Seahawk, and we're older than the city's football team.

It is slightly embarrassing, though, that I have never been able to understand the rules to American football. Though I've read about games in various encyclopedias, I've only been to three games (one in high school, and two in college, where my friends the international students were also clueless.) Also, I think my dad made me watch some biopic of Knute Rockne as a kid. If that counts. Drunk people can remember the rules!!! Why can't I?????

But it's a hometown pride thing. I have to root for the Seahawks on Sunday. I just won't understand if they're doing well. . . .

Besides, half the Samoan players in the NFC are Seahawks. And the predominantly Samoan church that my mother and sisters attend is practically shutting down in support.

No comments: