Saturday, August 05, 2006

Play it, Sam

So I gave in. I bought it. I'd been looking at it for while. It appealed to me because I'm obsessed with the concept of Time. There's a W.H. Auden poem I've loved ever since middle school. The poems I like best of e e cummings, Frost, de la Mare, and Byron are all about time (anyone lived in a pretty how town, The Road Not Taken, The Listeners, To Thomas Moore.) Even in Sunday school, Ecclesiastes 3:1 was always easy to remember (that song by the Birds notwithstanding). Then of course, there's the history degree. Oh, and time-travel stories. No matter how cheesy, I'm a sucker for them.

All this to justify a blatantly materialistic, hipster purchase.

3 comments:

Xtina said...

i kinda want that "shakespeare hates your emo poems" one

Torgo said...

I want this one.

Rainster said...

Funny, I thought about those two too. But then I just got really excited about the clock.