Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The best-laid plans o' mice and two women

So apparently, no matter what we do, Xtina and I will always be only a 2-person trivia team. This time, we left the City, in an attempt to be closer to a sleep-deprived person on west coast time with evening work commitments. What that got us was a local bar on the edge of the commuter rail, with the trivia company that has the weird point ranking system, and two hours with a lot of ridiculously obscure questions about sports, music, and movies. The saving grace was that there was a Scottish beer on tap that was excellent.

But toujours l'espoir! There's always next week! A different pub, a different day.

3 comments:

Torgo said...

Yeah, sorry about that. I was in no shape for trivia. Do you know those commercials where they show airline passengers reclining and looking serene and peaceful?

Yeah, I'm apparently not rich enough for that.

Instead of being at trivia, I did discover a good margarita, though I don't recall ever having a bad margarita.

Rainster said...

We briefly contemplated calling you to beg you to send someone from work over to help us, but came to the conclusion that that was really, really desperate.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think we have a team for Sunday night...

Oh, btw, on the T last week I saw an old lady with one of your fam's fruit stand bags. Until then, it was only a somewhat mythical concept.

Torgo said...

That's awesome about the bag. I went there on a lunch break Wednesday and got a package of peanuts with my name on them. I never get over thinking that's cool.