Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bundles and bundles

The other sister had her ultrasound today, and they learned the baby's gender. So in addition to having the cutest niece in the world, born a mere 4 weeks ago, and for whom I will be the Cool Aunt, I'll also have a nephew come late February or early March, for whom I will probably end up being the Political and/or Heathen Aunt by default.

Apparently the doctor told them either the baby was really large for its stage, or they miscalculated the conception date. I'm a fan of the first explanation -- the kid is half Samoan, after all. And the groom's side of the family are all well over 6'3".

Meanwhile, I still have never changed a diaper in my life...

5 comments:

Xtina said...

if they recalculated the conception date wrong, does that mean they think it was before the wedding?

also, does your sister read your blog?

Rainster said...

I think it means the docs think that.

No, but I've pretty much said it all to her!

Katie said...

How is it possibly that you've never changed a diaper? Seriously?

Rainster said...

Totally explainable! My sisters and I are the youngest members of the family, nobody nearby in the family really had kids until about 8 months ago, and no friends had kids until, well, Torgo. And I never babysat for anyone.

They'll probably make me change diapers at Christmas...

UW Nutrition said...

I've never changed a diaper either! I am terrified.