Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Me, I want a hula hoop..."

The improv "Christmas Carol" has triggered the annual cheese dripping.

Finished my holiday cards! I did them in timed geographic order, with the non-U.S. ones going out first, then the east coast and midwest ones a few days later, then the California ones. Have just penned all the ones for Washington State. Yeeawww.

I have my little $1-from-the-Target-sale-bin 1' silver Christmas trees up, decorated with my Mardi Gras beads and miniature disco lights. Random bells and stuff I've collected from the Dollar Store over the years are up on the doors. Took forever, but I managed to line the walls with the same holiday lights I've had since college. Can't find the musical reindeer ears I bought to embarrass my sister at the airport, but I think they're at my mom's.

Even made a little dent in the shopping tasks. Wrapped a few presents while listening to last year's holiday playlist. Mental note: heavy on the oldies, need to make new playlist, even I have to borrow my sister's CD collection to add Amy Grant's "Tennessee Christmas." After Grandma died, I inherited her entire Time-Life Christmas CD collection, so I think I have every holiday song recorded before 1965.

4 comments:

Xtina said...

i love that whole amy grant CD! i also used to think she sang "well, i know there's more snow up in colorado than baloo will ever see" thinking baloo was a town in tennessee. but then my friend was like "doofus, it's MY ROOF."

Anonymous said...

Isn't Baloo from The Jungle Book? Anyway, we got our card days and days ago. Meanwhile, we've managed to print out the list of names and addresses and stick it on the fridge, thereby reminding us every time we eat something that we have yet written or mailed them.

I tried to convince M-N that we should send Valentine's Day cards this year, because that would give us a better timeline.

Rainster said...

He was also in Tail Spin!

Btw, Xtina, your card was sent to Boston. Just so you don't feel left out....

Xtina said...

if she's singing about baloo from the jungle book, the line is still accurate.

i prefer mailing valentine cards, as well. there's a possibility for christmas cards, but only a slim one.