Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Reading schmeading

Haven't been reading much lately. Not even the Atlantic Monthly that's been sitting near my couch. Instead, I've been watching a lot of movies. I somehow lost my cable (wasn't paying for it anyway), so TV isn't really interesting anymore. So Netflix is a staple source of entertainment these days, as well as friends' DVD collections or rental preferences.

In the recent tradition of watching movies not normally on my radar, I saw Old School last weekend, under similar circumstances as the Super Troopers viewing. The Vince Vaughn/Luke Wilson/Will Ferrell comedy team worked really well. Luke Wilson played a good straight man to the other two: Vince Vaughn's verbal antics are almost always hilarious in any movie, and Will Ferrell is better when he's totally outrageous (then again, I always think streaking is way funnier than it probably is....) It made for a lowkey Saturday. Followed up with a few episodes of Police Squad, which I'd also never seen but found funny.

And two days of singing (first at karaoke, then at a holiday caroling party) makes your throat hurt.

2 comments:

Torgo said...

Just because I'm literate doesn't mean you have to denigrate reading.

Oh, and I liked Old School. Streaking is funny, especially when it's Will Ferrell. He was the best part of Wedding Crashers.

Rainster said...

The original title was going to be "I need to read more," but then I switched it at the last minute.

I need to read more.