Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Norman Bates!

In high school, when I was soccer captain, I'd post flyers on the players' lockers on game days, with pictures and personalized notes. When it came to putting my own up, I didn't want to be the only one without a handwritten note of inspiration, so I'd scribble something like "Hey B! Good luck today! From, B" or "From yourself." I'm sure it scared the nosy kids who read them. Anyways...

I've been designing this week's email alert, which is a holiday e-card. I usually have to test for compatibility in Firefox and Internet Explorer, then check Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail to see if there is any wonkiness with different systems. (A lot of love and micromanagement goes into the weekly alerts....) At any rate, since I have half a dozen email accounts, I've been sending myself the test messages. But they're c-cards! You can't send an e-card without a note of some kind. So I've also been writing myself little messages, like, "Yo B, how's it going over at Yahoo?" and then I reply by sending another e-card, this time to Gmail. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

It makes the work a little more exciting. But also, admittedly, a little more schizophrenic.

I am Spartacus...!!!

3 comments:

Xtina said...

i am dizzied by this post.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read.

Rainster said...

The men in the white coats tell me it's okay...